Greenwatch receives Green Gold Award
Greenwatch has been awarded a Green Gold Award for her Consistent dedication to Responsible Environmental Business practices, Commitment to going green and environmental conservation in Uganda. The Award was presented at the Green breakfast meeting held on August 3rd 2015 at the Serena Hotel, Kampala.
The meeting, hosted by Uganda's Little Hands Go Green, Vivo Energy Uganda and the CEO Magazine aimed at honouring leaders who have shown outstanding effort and contribution towards environmental conservation in Uganda.
The breakfast marked the beginning of activities planned by Uganda's Little Hands Go Green to commemorate the Green month of August. The Green month will climax with the annual Green Festival, a bi-annual event that celebrates the efforts of Ugandan Children in greening up the Pearl of Africa. This year's event scheduled for August 23rd at Kololo Airstrip will support the ban on polythene bags locally known as 'Kaveera'. Children are encouraged to collect the Kaveera from homes and bring them to the recycling collection point at the Kololo Airstrip. Greenwatch will be participating at the event.
- \r\nHandbook on Environmental Law Vol.II
- \r\nAccess to Information in Africa Project Summary
- Handbook on Environmental Law Vol.1
- Court Ruling on the ban of Plastic bags in Uganda
- \r\nRegional Symposium on Public Interest Environmental Litigation for Lawyers in EastAfrica
- The Right to Information as a Tool for/in Public Interest Litigation: An East African Perspective
- \r\nAccess to Information in Africa Report: The case of Uganda
- Greenwatch Brochure
- A Community Based Guide for Monitoring Impacts of Oil and Gas Activities on the Environment