Interim order of injunction granted against Uganda Wildlife Authority (UWA)
An interim order of injunction against Uganda Wildlife Authority (UWA) has been granted restraining UWA and anyone acting on its behalf from issuance of export licenses for pangolin scales. The interim application was brought by Greenwatch against UWA.
In his ruling, the Assistant Registrar, His Worship Festo Nsenga granted the application and maintained that the status quo should remain until 9th March 2015, when the judge will hear Miscellaneous Application 67 in which Mr. Smith Ewa Maku (who was previously granted a license to export pangolin scales) will be heard to be joined as a co-defendant in the main suit together with Uganda Wildlife Authority.
- \r\nHandbook on Environmental Law Vol.II
- \r\nAccess to Information in Africa Project Summary
- Handbook on Environmental Law Vol.1
- Court Ruling on the ban of Plastic bags in Uganda
- \r\nRegional Symposium on Public Interest Environmental Litigation for Lawyers in EastAfrica
- The Right to Information as a Tool for/in Public Interest Litigation: An East African Perspective
- \r\nAccess to Information in Africa Report: The case of Uganda
- Greenwatch Brochure
- A Community Based Guide for Monitoring Impacts of Oil and Gas Activities on the Environment